Saturday, September 22, 2012

Yankees Fallout: GAME OF THE YEAR !

FINAL: Athletics 9, Yankees 10

Before I get to this thriller, let me tell you what happened to me during this game.

After Jonny Gomes hits the 2-run homer and Yoenis Cespedes solo homer to make it 8-5, I left my house. Mostly, I was waiting for the game to end because I had to walk someplace far to get something eat. Also I wanted to see the complete game.

When that happened, I figure the game was over. As I left, I was upset walking outside and notice I forgot my money. So I went back to my house, got my money, and decided to take a sneak peek at the Yankee game, and I saw the score 9-5 and Ichiro Suzuki on first base. I said: 'Eh, if something happens, I'll know about it' -- but I figure nothing was going to happen.

So, I got my money, went back outside, and walked mid-way to the restaurant I wanted to be at. Then, I passed by this bar. I noticed the Yankee game was still on. I looked at the score, and it was 9-9. I was in awe. I had to go inside the bar to tell someone what happened, and I ended seeing an old friend of my brother who was there, and I asked him what happened. He told me and I was amazed.

Then, I had to go back to my house. I had to. And I was thinking whether I should or shouldn't because I didn't want to go back and they'd lose, knowing to go to this place. But I did, and caught the walk-off by Eduardo Nunez. Unbelievable.

After I rewind the game to see when they tied, I went back out to get something to eat. And as I was walking, I could not get that game out of my head. Just amazing comeback by the Yankees.

What Is The Game Of The Year ? : Yankees at Fenway Park earlier in the year when they came from a 9-0 score in three innings, or todays game ?

Can't lie, that comeback against the Red Sox was a thing of beauty. But since this is September and the Yankees are fighting to stay on first place with a one-game lead, it would have be todays.

No comments: