Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Goldbergs: The Next Big Sitcom?

Looking forward for tonight's newly premier sitcom, "The Goldbergs", at 9/8c on ABC.

I thought the 90's were coming back, with the return of Ricki Lake & Arsenio Hall. Looks like we're going 30-years back.

Any show or movie that has Wendi McLendon-Covey in it, is must-see, in my view. She's effortlessly funny, attractive and can make any show/movie a big hit.

McLendon-Covey plays "Beverly", the mother of the Goldberg family.

I first saw McLendon-Covey on Comedy Central's hit "Reno 911" -- and she wasn't the star of the show, but she gave "Reno 911" that extra something. Same thing with the movie "Bridesmaids" -- wasn't the star of the show, but filled in for the big holes that Kristen Wigg or Melissa McCarthy didn't have to fill. She had her own separate, spotlight in that movie.

Jeff Garlin plays "Murray Goldberg", the father. Everyone knows him from HBO's hit "Curb Your Enthusiasm". Not expecting much from him, but he'll fill in as a comedy dad, comfortably.

George Segal, I think, is gonna be great. Segal plays "Albert 'Pops' Solomon", which I'm guessing is the grandfather. Though whatever role he's playing, I feel he's gonna be sensational. I see Supporting Emmy Award wins for him, in the future.

The two sons, Sean Giambrone and Troy Gentile who play "Adam and Barry Goldberg" I don't know much about; including the daughter "Erica Goldberg" whose real name is Hayley Orrantia. Orrantia, by the way, was a contestant on "X-Factor", which is mind bottling.

So, I'm looking forward for "The Goldbergs", tonight!