Sunday, October 21, 2012

Bruno Mars Hosting SNL

October 21, 2012

efore last night's newly Saturday Night Live I knew Bruno Mars was talented, but I didn't know he was extremely talented.

Mars was obviously not too familiar with acting - or live acting - , but the SNL writers are so smart they combined his singing ability, with comedic skits.

The Pandora segment was amazing. Mars doing impressions of all different types of singer/artists was outstanding. One of them he did -- which you had to love -- was the impression of Green Day's frontman, Billie Joe Armstrong. Not only he sound exactly like him, but it was hilarious how he moved his mouth to make himself sound exactly like Armstrong.

At end of the segment, Mars and Jason Sudeikis were together, and I noticed that I met two of those guys and shook their hands ... Pretty cool, right ? Yup ... I just...wanted to throw that out there ... O_O ...

As I was listening to Mars sing -- it hit me, on how underrated of a male vocal artist he is. Let's be honest -- he's a better singer than Neyo, Usher, Justin Timberlake and Chris Brown. He really is. Of course, those four are better than Mars at dancing, but not at singing. Bruno Mars is not given credit much.

Taran Killam's partial Brad Pitt skits were great. It also gave me an idea for a Halloween costume. I just wish I had someone to be Angelina ... : /

Killam has shown to be one of the best male cast in SNL, right now. He's the future, of Saturday Night Live.

Fred Armisen and Bill Hader are still the top cast members, but when they leave -- and I'm sure Lorne Michaels doesn't want to invision that -- Killam will be the top guy.

So, season 38 of Saturday Night Live has been amazing. I just hope one day they get Eddie Murphy to host ...