Friday, October 5, 2012

A.L WILD CARD Preview: Orioles @ Rangers

Who wants the New York Yankees !?

Once I saw Joe Saunders as the pitcher for today's Wild Card game, I thought -- Yankees will be headed to Texas.

I can't see the Texas Rangers not smacking Saunders around, in their ballpark and knowing their fans are going to be loud and pushing their team to win. I know the Rangers have been playing poorly and lost their division title to the Oakland Athletics, but I still see the Rangers getting fueled from their own home crowd. 

Another positive for the Rangers is that Yu Darvish is on the mound for them. He's known to be a big game pitcher in Japan. I can see Darvish relishing the moment in Arlington, with 50,00 screaming Rangers fans.

Just because I don't count on the Baltimore Orioles starter, Joe Saunders, doesn't mean I don't count on their offense.

The Orioles need to strike early in this game. Get the crowd out of it early; get the Rangers to worry and get yourself some confidence. A 2-run homerun in the first inning is what the Orioles need. Then the Rangers will start to worry and feel pressured.

Prediction Winner: Rangers. I can't see the Rangers offense getting shutout by Saunders; even thought I know he can pitch and can somewhat neutralize Josh Hamilton as the lefty against lefty, but I don't see it happening.

Also, if Darvish has going from the start, he could go all the way. Orioles can't hit good pitching.

The Orioles have not seen Darvish this season. That could be a problem for the O's.

No comments: